Monday, April 3, 2017

INCLUDING ONE BRAVE DAISY

As Fernand Braudel said, the olive tree (and the vine) defines the Mediterranean: the Mediterranean world ends where the olive stops growing. Here are amazing silver and gold olive trees from my walk on Sunday. I'm so much looking forward to spring weather! It is still unsettled here, and days can still be full of gloom. However, the days are getting longer, and my nature walks are getting pleasanter. You can see some roadside flowers in the pics, including one brave daisy, appearing against the concrete and tarmac. I am currently reading Thoreau's Walden, and I think I have similar ideas about the way humans and nature connect and renew each other.

Walks are even more interesting in literature than in life - think Marian meeting Willoughby in Sense and Sensibility, and Jane meeting Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre! And how about Persuasion? So much happens during walking ðŸ‘ 





Have a good start to the week, always with beauty and a book! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment