Friday, April 24, 2015

BETTER WITH THE WILDLY PINK LIPSTICK

HERE I am today, wearing one of my favorite lipsticks, the "wildly pink" Estee Lauder lipstick! I bought it a year ago, and I am not sure if it is still produced. This lipstick can make a grey day seem bright!

It's true. I put it yesterday as well, when the day was really ugly and I had to drive to another town for work. If you have been reading this blog for some time, you will know how much I hate the winter and the rain, and how much I love the summer, spring and the sun. This is exactly the time of year when I come out of hibernation feeling good!

In literature, the Romantics famously loved the rain, wind and storm. The typical Romantic poet is out in nature, feeling the wild wind play with the pangs of his soul, in order to produce poetry and art. The Romantics are my favorite poets, though I don't share their love for the storm. 

I must confess that I like the wind though. It seems like magic to me; the Ancient Greeks had a God for the wind, the God Aeolus. Hence the Aeolian harp, beloved of the Romantics: this was a special kind of harp, which could play with the wind. For the Romantics, the aeolian harp was a metaphor for poetry. Inspiration passes through the soul to produce poetry, like the wind passes through the harp to produce music.

The dark day yesterday seemed better with the wildly pink lipstick! I think lipstick is one of those things that make the troubles of life bearable -- and I am talking about troubles much heavier than a mere dark day.

Have a beautiful Friday evening! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment