Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WEARING THE AMAZING LIPSTICK NECKLACE

HI ALL, I made a public lecture today, and here I am, wearing the amazing lipstick necklace!!!!!!!

The lecture was on the presence of law in Victorian literature and how this is related to the search for social justice and gender equality. From there, I went to gender equality in our time, and how gender studies contribute to the achievement of equality.

I used some of my favorite novels, including Bleak House and Great Expectations from Charles Dickens, and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall from Anne Bronte and Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. These are all novels which deal with problems and inequalities of the day.

Central to my lecture was the idea that femininity and masculinity, and gender, should not be grounds for discrimination, but should contribute to personality development and personal happiness. To be a man or woman is joyful, and should not be the basis for prejudice and stereotyping.

The one thing missing from the lecture today? Any references to lipstick, of course!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment