Thursday, April 30, 2015

THE GREAT JANE AUSTEN SAID IT BEFORE ME

IN Limassol today wearing the Pink Lolita! This is my beloved Estee Lauder Lipstick in the most amazing shade of pink! I love the name too. Generally, I love the names Lola and Lolita!

Having said that, I do not endorse Nabokov's novel, as indeed I do not endorse, (a) anything that has to do with the sexualization of girls, and, (b) male renditions of (what they think is) female sexuality. The great Jane Austen said it before me: male representations of the female should not be used as proof or evidence of anything which has to do with women. Women must speak for themselves.

Jane Austen's heroine Anne Eliot says this in Persuasion, one of the most beautiful novels ever written. In Persuasion, the sea plays an important part. The sea is rejuvenating and, together with the return of love, restores to Anne the beauty she once lost.

Have a beautiful day, and be well! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment