Sunday, April 5, 2015

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! Today we have The Lazy Girl's Guide to the High Life on a Budget by Anita Naik!

This book is part of Anita Naik's Lazy Girl series, a lifestyle and conduct sequence of books, which are all lovely!

The Lazy Girl's Guide to the High Life on a Budget is full of excellent and practical advice on how to save money. There are ready-made lists for us ("essential outgoings" and "non-essential outgoings per month", "20 ways to manage your money") and a lot of down-to-earth opinion on just about everything, from gifts to friends to how to manage the bills and things to do in case we can't pay our rent.

All this is written in the humorous, light, but actually clever and matter-of-fact voice of Anita Naik. I think that she is one of my favorite conduct book writers, and I try to buy all her books. I used to read Anita Naik's advice column in Just 17 when I was a teenager, and I now regret not having saved it all in a folder somewhere. The advice was extraordinary, taking as it did a can-do, empowering point of view for girls. The column told girls how to say no to sex, how to say yes to sex, and where to go for contraceptive advice, and advice against domestic violence. I absolutely loved it!

So, I totally recommend The Lazy Girl's Guide to the High Life on a Budget, as indeed anything by Anita Naik. It is most particularly good if you are, like me, not that good with money matters, or if, again like me, you are a lover of conduct books!

Have a good Sunday afternoon, always with beauty and a book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment