Saturday, May 30, 2015

BOUTIQUE OPENING (AND THE CHARLOTTE BRONTE FASHION SENSE)

TODAY, the coolest thing happened when I went to the opening of a friend's boutique! I had lately been thinking how much I wanted a white, knit summer jacket, and found it exactly!!! You can't get better than this!

The boutique in question is Riva boutique in my hometown, an old and beloved place, which has moved to a larger and brighter location! Here is myself with the owner, Ms Rena Katsi.

The launch of the new store featured an amazing collection of summer wear, from jeans to maxi knit dresses, pretty blouses, bags and all sorts of accessories! Lace is everywhere too, and I was impressed. Everything is in pastel, romantic style, with clothes for every occasion. 

Lipstick for today was my electric pink from Estee Lauder!
Nothing beats lipstick and nothing beats pink. One of the most annoying scenes in literature is, for me, the moment when Lucy Snowe in Charlotte Bronte's Villette expresses dislike for a pink dress. Eventually, Lucy agrees to wear the pink silk since she can combine it with a black lace mantilla. Looking at herself in the mirror, she is surprised at how well everything seems to suit her. No surprise here for me! You can't go wrong with pink.

I had a lovely time at the opening and I wish them all the best with the new store!




No comments:

Post a Comment