Thursday, May 14, 2015

NEW LIPSTICK AND THE JANE EYRE OPENING SCENE

MONDAY was a great day, coz I bought new lipstick!!! Nothing beats a new lipstick buy to make me feel good. In the pictures you can see me getting it on. I bought a lovely new color, Estee Lauder's Magnetic Magenta, a cross between pink and red. I also bought another Pink Lolita, which is, for me, the Princess of Lipsticks! I live with the nightmare that it will be withdrawn. Certainly, life is less tough with a bit of lipstick! As for books, today I ordered Nature's Engraver, about the life of Thomas Bewick, by Jenny Uglow (I am getting addicted to Uglow's writing). In case you didn't know, Bewick is the artist whose illustrated book little Jane Eyre is reading in the famous opening scene! Bewick's book for birds takes Jane into the world of fairy tale and fantasy. Jane, like myself, like all of us, turns to beauty for help in life's troubles. I hope you all had a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment