Tuesday, May 26, 2015

OUR MEDITERRANEAN EVENING GARDEN AND MOON

TONIGHT I went to a poetry evening, with poetry from my friend Yiota Dimitriou, and reading and song by the actress Elena Hadjiafxenti!  

Though I was friends with Yiota, I did not know her poetry, and I have to say I loved it!!! The poems are pretty, sensitive, personal and contain a variety of images, allusions and experiences -- train journeys, maps, gardening, The Little Prince. Most of all, I think, the poems are original and true: true to emotion and true to themselves. For my beloved Romantics, truth was the condition for good poetry.

Also, the presentation by Elena was original and atmospheric, almost oneiric. I loved her choice of costume -- the flowing, white evening dress with the lace gloves tied very well with our Mediterranean evening garden and moon! It was all so beautiful!

Poetry, summer and friends are, I believe, an unbeatable combination. Have a good night, wherever you are, always with beauty and a book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment