Sunday, May 10, 2015

SOME LIPSTICKS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

WITH black, nothing beats the Pink Lolita! Here I am, with my favorite lipstick at my favorite cafe! I love all my lipsticks equally, but some lipsticks are more equal than others. The Pink Lolita is certainly best of the best. I'm doing one of the things I love here, which is marking student papers.
My literary news is that I have started Ouida's Under Two Flags and I like it so far! Ouida is an aesthete (part of the 19th century aesthetic movement) which means two things: 1) her protagonist has many things in common with Wilde's Dorian in The Picture of Dorian Gray, i.e., among others, 2) he is exceptionally beautiful! This makes the book perfect for me: you know my ideas about beauty in books. If the woman is to be a beauty object, the same must go for the man. The male protagonist's nickname in the book is "Beauty", because of his exceptional appearance. I don't think that you can get better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment