Thursday, August 13, 2015

MY NEW TATTOO

AS promised, here is the new tattoo!

It's nice and elegant, and I love it!
What it says is Λαίδη, Lady, which is the name of my beloved collie dog who died in 2008. Lady was my baby, and I was a perfect dog mother. Now I will have Lady always with me!

Tattoos started as the province of exotic peoples, then of sailors, princes and kings; nowadays tattoos are popular and highly personal at the same time. Nikos Kavvadias (Νίκος Καββαδίας), the famous Greek poet who wrote about the sea, had a mermaid tattoo on his arm.

"My mermaid and I will go together to the other world," he used to say. 

Whatever someone believes about the other world is completely their own. The truth is we know nothing about the other world.

For me, Lady will now be with me for the rest of my life -- she will be with me always, whatever this always might mean.

And this thought makes me very, very happy!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment