Monday, August 10, 2015

ELIZABETH GASKELL AND PINK VINTAGE

PINK vintage furniture, lace and pretty home accessories! I am sure you cannot get better than this. I was just passing outside this new boutique when the amazing pink dressing table caught my eye. I just had to get in, introduce myself, take pictures and investigate!


I ended up buying something nice and pretty for the home. The boutique is called Coffret Vintage Fashion and Deco here in my hometown.

You know how much I love these feminine little worlds! Perhaps this is why Elizabeth Gaskell's Cranford is one of my favorite novels; it describes a world of aging Victorian amazons, who try to deal with life and changing circumstances. Cranford is full of references to cooking, sewing, decorating, letter-writing and housekeeping, with a nice touch of romance and family drama!

Have a good evening and be well! xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment