Monday, September 7, 2015

IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES

AS you know, the rose is my favorite flower and one of my personal symbols. My other personal symbols include the owl, the moon, the pen and, of course, the lipstick!

Thus, this tiny little book is one of my favorites. Beauty and wisdom come in all shapes and sizes!

This is The Lipstick Papers Book review, and we have The Rose, an Ariel Book by Maddison Malone!

I bought The Rose nearly fifteen years ago, during a lovely week in London, and have treasured it since.

Though tiny, The Rose is full of information about the beautiful flower. The rose in history, legends and myths about the rose, the rose in religion -- did you know that the red rose symbolizes the blood of Christ? Or that an angel made the tears of a poor shepherdess into a bouquet of roses? She gave the bouquet as a present to the baby Jesus! ;-)

This is the book which began my interest in the cultural presence of the rose. Apart from interesting information, it is full of pretty pictures and sketches.

A small example of perfection! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment