Wednesday, September 2, 2015

PAPER LOVE

HERE I am today drawing Brigitte Bardot, who is my model for female beauty! 

I draw in pencil, then in ink, and color with professional pencil. My journal is the Moleskin artist's journal though I must confess that, for drawing paper, I prefer Fabriano from Italy.

If you have been reading this blog from the start you will know my love for Italy, all things Italian, and my love for Fabriano paper. Fabriano were the first, after Moorish Spain, to produce paper in Europe. Gutenberg bought paper from them.

We had Fabriano imported in Cyprus years ago, but not anymore. When I went to Italy, in 2004, the first thing I did was to go to the Fabriano store for paper. I still have some blocks!

Have a good night and be well xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment