Wednesday, September 16, 2015

MERMAIDS, MIRRORS AND DOLLS

MY own novels are all about breaking stereotypes and showing that feminism and fairy tale romance can go together very well. In my novel Mermaid Mirror and its sequel/prequel, Eliza and Marianne, my protagonists, are lookalikes, and based on Brigitte Bardot!

I have made a sketch of Brigitte in a lovely pose on the sand, which you can see here. It is roughly my idea of Eliza and Marianne. Tall, curvy, with green eyes and blonde hair!

My novels are all about breaking stereotypes. I state boldly that beautiful women are clever and dynamic. I refuse to objectify beauty, while also remaining true to romance smile emoticon

Might I add that Marianne and Eliza, lookalikes, are mother and daughter in law? Freud would have a field day...

No comments:

Post a Comment