Monday, September 14, 2015

WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR (THE LIPSTICK PAPERS BOOK REVIEW)

HELLO and good evening for a Monday! Let's go today with The Lipstick Papers Book Review and Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes!

This is yet one more beauty book from my collection. I really love it, for many reasons.

The edition is lovely. Amazing pink cover, beautiful, thick paper, pretty fonts, artistic pictures of cosmetics inside. What more can you ask for? You are right! Nothing.

The advice is sound and reasonable, so that the book can serve as a good introduction to make-up, skin-care and all sorts of cosmetics.

What I love most about Pretty Honest, and I think is what makes it different from other beauty books, is its female-centred, feministic viewpoint. Pretty Honest honestly explains that feminism and beauty are perfectly compatible -- and they are, as committed feminists like myself will testify. Beauty means feeling good and having self-respect. Beauty and cleverness go together.

I also love the advice on hair: long hair is good at any age. Turning a specific age does not mean cutting your locks, not if you don't want to. Long hair looks great at any age.

Though I don't agree that beauty counter staff are as inimical and intimidating as Sali Hughes says they are, I give this book the thumbs up.

Bye for now and be well! Kisses :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment