Wednesday, July 26, 2017

FAST FORWARD NOW

I rush into Bridge House bookstore in Nicosia, and, darting to the fantasy section, I fall upon the new books catalogue. I leaf through with expectation. I find what I'm looking for. There it is! The final part of Memory, Sorrow and Thorn is coming out in April! Glory. I'll be in England then! I'll buy it the day it hits the stores. The year is 1993; there is no World Wide Web, and the only way to find out about new publications is through book catalogues. Catalogues printed ON PAPER. In real, actual, PHYSICAL BOOKSTORES!!!!


Fast forward now to 2017, and I follow author Tad Williams on Twitter, learning that he is getting back to the world of Osten Ard (the world of Memory, Sorrow and Thorn) for a new trilogy. So cool! The first part has just come out, and here it is 😀

I started reading last night, and also skimmed through to check things out. The writing is very good, as usual with Tad Williams, though sometimes he may go on and on in minute detail. Also, as usual, he is at his best when he is writing the Prince Josua plot line. I still wonder why he didn't make Josua (and now his son) the protagonists, as they seem to inspire him more 🤔


Very excited with the new book! 💝💋💄❤️🌹👠💄💄
#books #bookblog #bookblogger #bookbloggers #scifi #fantasybooks#the witchwoodcrown #tadwilliams #bookshops #cyprus #bookreview

No comments:

Post a Comment