Friday, October 9, 2015

BOUDOIR ITEMS

The little note paper holder in the shape of a powder puff is one of my most prized possessions! Note I said prized, not expensive. I don't have expensive possessions, and soon my car will qualify for an antique. Beauty and aesthetic quality have nothing to do with money!!!

The note paper case comes from a Marks and Spencer series of desk accessories which were made to resemble boudoir items: powder puffs, little cases, heeled shoes. The series was amazing, and included key rings, diaries and coffee mugs! You cannot imagine how much I loved it. Marks and Spencer, bring it back!!!
My art journal is another prized possession. Here is a drawing of Brigitte Bardot! Bardot is my ideal of female style and beauty and I never tire to draw her. Did you know that she is the face of Marianne, the official personification of the French Republic?
Have a good evening and be well xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment