Saturday, October 31, 2015

ESTEE LAUDER BOOKMARKS

I AM reading this witty book called, Stop Eating (Σταμάτα να Τρώς, Stamata na Tros) by Greek radio presenter Ioanna Anna Laka (Ιωάννα Άννα Λάκα). It's quite funny and, through hyperbole and satire, it's trying to teach us some healthy attitudes towards food. 

(Note: skirt ten euro from Terrnanova. I am doing exactly what Elizabeth L. Cline in Overdressed deplores -- bragging about buying cheap fashion. Also note: Estee Lauder bookmark. I.e. old paper package from Estee Lauder serving as bookmark now!)

The author's voice is humorous and honest. She comes out as a very nice person, as she goes from one comic adventure to the next in her quest to lose weight.

The book speaks generally about beauty too. Personally, I wouldn't agree that after thirty women face problems with their skin though. Thirty is so young! Wrinkles come after forty I think and, even so, they are not many.

I am still midway through the book, so I don't know what will happen with Ioanna Anna's quest. My guess is that, in the end, she will adopt a more sensible attitude to eating. 

Have a good Saturday afternoon! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment