Monday, October 5, 2015

NOTHING BEATS THE SPANISH ROSE

OBJECTS are a way to put order into the chaos of life, Thad Logan says in The Victorian Parlour: A Cultural Study. She is absolutely right! The object that makes life less chaotic, for me, is, of course -- the lipstick!!!!!

No matter how bad life is (and I have learnt the hard way that it can be really nasty) a slash of lipstick always makes things better, brighter.

Especially if, like me, you are in love with specific lipsticks. Here I am today buying my favorite, the FR Spanish Rose Clinique lipstick! NOTHING beats the Spanish Rose!

Victorians collected objects that gave them a sense of belonging in an era of urban and industrial development: they collected paintings of domestic life, embroidery, art pieces made of parian marble, magazine annuals with articles about fashion and the home life. An era's favorite objects have a lot to say about that era's loves, obsessions, fears and concerns.

Lipstick is, for me, the ultimate object and the only thing I probably love as much as I love books. 

Buying lipstick, new or an old favorite, makes me happy!

Have a good evening and be well xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment