Sunday, October 4, 2015

THIS ONLY ADDS TO THE MAGIC (THE LIPSTICK PAPERS BOOK REVIEW)

THERE ARE no better accessories than a hat, a book and a tattoo, and I got all three! OK, I got two tattoos, but this only adds to the magic.

Hello and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Book Review -- tonight we have Women Only, a collection edited by Sotirios Bahtsetzis!

This is a bilingual book, in English and Greek, issued on the occasion of a female art exhibition in Amphilochia (Αμφιλοχία), Greece. 

I love Women Only. It has very useful chapters on gender, which I have used for my own papers. Especially I loved the introduction, written by Angela Dimitrakaki, who teaches at the Art History department of Edinburgh University. I used some of her ideas on domesticity in one of my own papers on embroidery!

Apart from the essays, the book features pictures of the artworks themselves, most of them groundbreaking and interesting.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in gender studies, art, female art and history of feminism. However, because it is a special edition, I believe it may not be widely available. So I will give you the ISBN number too: 978-960-6654-79-4.


Have a good night, always with beauty and a book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment