Sunday, March 27, 2016

A PROPER LONG DAY TODAY

SUMMER TIME starts today, and I'm so glad! You know I only love summer and the long days. To honor the event, I took a long walk by the sea and here I am.

I have many books about the Mediterranean on my shelf, and I really like the one I am reading now, The Great Sea by David Abdulafia. I learn so many things I don't know, about the grand and mysterious ancient civilization of Malta, Sicily's immensely rich past, and the history of writing. Also, the history of my own city, Larnaca, the ancient Kition (Κίτιον), built by the Phoenicians!


The ruins of Kition are all around you in Larnaca. And, of course, the beautiful sea in the background here is the beloved Mediterranean.

The avenue is new in Larnaca, they have renovated the old sea road that led to the former airport building. It has been named Tasos Mitsopoulos (Τάσος Μιτσόπουλος) Avenue, after a minister of the defense, who was popular and well beloved, but died young of a massive stroke. :'-(

To turn to something happier, it was a proper long day today, but too cold for my tastes! There was a crowd of people coming and going along the sea avenue, locals as well as tourists.
:-)
Have a good Sunday evening, and happy Easter, if you are celebrating. Always with beauty and a book!

xxx
P.S. Many thanks to the kind and talented with the camera lady who took the pictures for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment