Thursday, March 3, 2016

WORLD BOOK DAY!

WHAT'S the best thing about today???? It's World Book Day! 

Here I am a couple of weeks ago, with my copy of The Life-changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k. I haven't read it yet, so I can't say anything about it, except that it is a lovely edition. The cover is fantastic (pink) and the paper and fonts inside are very nice.

World Book Day is March 3 only for the UK and Ireland. It's 23 April in the US. I am not sure what day we celebrate in Cyprus. I do know that there are no library events, either for March 3 or April 23, though I have seen mentions in magazines and bookstore page markers.

What's my favorite book-reading scene from literature? There are so many, it's tough to pick one. But if I had to, I think I would say either the scene where Ronald Mitchell reads Ash's copy of Vico in Possession (by A.S. Byatt) or the scene where Jane reads Bewick's British Birds in Jane Eyre.

What book I will be reading this World Book Day? That's easy! MANY books!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment