Saturday, March 12, 2016

NICE AND ECCENTRIC (CHARLES DICKENS AND GEORGE ELIOT MEET CRISTIANO RONALDO)

THERE IS nothing better than faux bijoux with a statement, like this pencil sharpener ring made for me by my friend Salina! Apart from being famous singer, my friend also designs and makes her own rock jewelry! Another time she made a ring for me using a guitar plectrum (pick).

Jewels have accompanied humankind since the beginning of time. As a species we certainly love ornaments. My favorite jewels from antiquity must be the gold bee earrings from ancient Crete!

As for literature, jewels often have a dark power -- in Great Expectations Estella's jewels are symbols of her twisted mother-daughter relationship with Miss Havisham; in George Eliot's Middlemarch, Dorothea's selection of jewels stand for her unusual perspective on the world.

Personally, I never liked Dorothea as a fictional character/ protagonist. I think she's insufferable. I think the whole of Middlemarch is insufferable! Who can stand the endless treatises on Dorothea's inner thoughts?????? Not me.

I am wearing this nice and eccentric ring with gusto. I get comments like, "it's too small, wear something bigger". Next time I will wear a ring with a football on it.

Perhaps a football signed by Cristiano Ronaldo? (Cristiano Ronaldo aka God) <3

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment