Saturday, March 5, 2016

BEAUTY PARLOR

Sometimes people who come to my place for the first time think I am a beautician, and that my tiny flat is a beauty parlor. Of course, for me there is no greater compliment. To be able to pass for a beautician means that you look good. As for the flat, it looks like a beauty parlor on purpose; I bought my French boudoir furniture piece by piece. I saved, bought one piece. I saved again, bought another.

Here I am with a book I am reading now and which I like - The Invention of Nature, Andrea Wulf's biography of Alexander Von Humboldt. I am only at the beginning - Humboldt is a student of economics and hates it. I love Wulf's language; pithy, full, yet not tiring!

Behind you can see a section of my books. I have three times that inside the flat and a lot more in boxes in the basement.
Have a good Saturday, always with beauty and a book!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment