Thursday, March 24, 2016

PUN INTENDED (ABSOLUTE FAVORITES)

Here I am near my beloved Forever Friends figurines collection at home! I collected the figurines for years, though because of lack of funds (my forever problem, pun intended) I could not buy each whole series. So my collection is limited. Still, the forever friends figurines do not come out anymore: the assembly is unique!

On the shelves you can also see the Twilight saga (not favorites, I wanted them as cultural objects), Fifty Shades of Grey (absolute favorites) a picture of Justin Bieber (favorite pop star) a blow up for my sketch for the (previous) Lipstick Papers cover, and much, much else.

Theories of collecting are usefully summarized in the book The Duchess's Shells by Beth Fowkes Tobin: a collection is an extension of oneself, composed of narratives of self; related to events in an individual's life; illustrates a system of thought (e.g. my collection centers around the beautiful).
I love collecting, and I only collect pretty and beautiful things!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment