Sunday, April 24, 2016

MISS LA CREEVY

Here I am with my amazing Brigitte Bardot sunglasses! I was so happy to get them this winter! As you know, Brigitte is my ideal for female beauty and the only person I draw. I haven't drawn anything for a while, and I hope to get back to my artwork soon!

My favorite female artist from literature is definitely Miss La Creevy, from Nicholas Nickleby, the novel by Charles Dickens. Miss La Creevy is a miniaturist, earns her bread from art and, though poor, she is always fashionable and cool. She saves the day many times in the book, if I remember correctly.
Another interesting artist, real life this time, is Elizabeth Vigee LeBrun, whose memoirs I am presently reading. I will tell you more about the book when I finish it.
Have a good night, always with beauty and a book! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment