Thursday, April 28, 2016

THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

In A Little Princess, I have to confess that I prefer "bad girls" Lavinia and Jessie to angelic Sara. The heroine is too good for me. Angels are unreal and annoying. I like Lavinia, who gets angry, spiteful and jealous!
The same goes for fairy tales and films. I love the evil queens and witches! They are the best.

I would never go watch The Huntsman, that new film. I would never want the evil queens to lose out to a man. (Even if that man is gorgeous Chris Hemsworth, yum yum). You will say, he has a woman with him! A powerful woman companion! Yes, he has a woman who fights with him, but she is a character who, in the end, will love and follow him. The message to women is clear: you can be powerful so long as you obey. If you want a kingdom and power for yourselves the penalty is death.

If I had written A Little Princess, in the end Sara would make friends with Lavinia and Jessie, and start a business with them. They were all spirited and clever, and would certainly succeed! If I had written the Huntsman, the evil queens would win!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment