Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WAS, AS USUAL, WONDERFUL!

THE HAPPIEST moment for me is, of course, when I buy new beauty products! Clinique has a lovely gift this month, which I got! The prettiest bit is the little bag with the lipstick design. Though the products inside are good and useful, for me the bag says it all!


Shopping is, naturally, one of the great enjoyments of life; because my budget is minimal, I do only one fifth of the shopping I would like to do. Still, I enjoy every minute of it!

I guess my direct literary antecedent is Rebecca Bloomwood, the amazing shopaholic heroine! I loved the first Shopaholic novel: it was something new, feministic and fun. The second was a grand disappointment, and I have not bought any of the others. Don't tell me The Devil Wears Prada is a good shopping book, or good fashion fun. It's a book which belittles and undermines fashion (another of the great enjoyments of life) and presents career driven women in a very negative light.

Though the Shopaholic film wasn't as good as the book, Amy Adams was, as usual, wonderful!

I wish all life was a massive shopping mall, where I could buy lipstick, creams and books for free!

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment