Saturday, April 16, 2016

THE WITCH RING

WINTER is gradually leaving (good riddance!) so today I decided to rearrange (part of) the closet. Now the summer clothes are at the front so I can reach them. It was so tiring! I have been folding and unfolding clothes for an hour and a half. As you know, I am a bad cook, but a great housekeeper! I would make a relatively good Victorian woman -- I love drawing, housekeeping, decorating, and I hate mathematics. More on good Victorian women in a later post.

At the same time as folding and unfolding, I listened to a radio reportage about Request programs. This took me back to the Cyprus of my teenage years, where one of the few ways we teenagers had to communicate with each other on the level of media was the program "Request Time" on the state radio! State radio was the only radio we had, since there was a monopoly and private stations were not allowed. At 15, I discovered the British bases radio, which of course broadened horizons for me. At any rate, Request Time was such fun! The requests were endless and the program was daily. It was the central event for the evening!

Still, I don't romanticize the past. The decades when I was a teenager were not good, for many reasons. Now it's the best time to be a young adult! I wish I were a teenager.

Nevertheless, at whatever age I am, and at whatever age you are, I am sure The Lipstick Papers is a great blog for me to write, and for you to read! ;-)

xxx

P.S. You can see me here wearing my amazing faux bijoux witch ring. It's old and peeling now (coz it is made of plastic) but I love it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment