Tuesday, June 14, 2016

DID I MENTION

Writing in The Lipstick Papers while watching Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal vs Iceland: great fun! I'm writing to present the exhibition of the art and fashion students at Alexander college, where I teach!


I really loved the exhibition. Most pieces were great, as you can see. My favorites were the pottery vases, in imitation of the ancient Cypriot technique.

What I loved most was the breath of fresh air and energy that comes from young people who are passionate about what they do. As lord Henry says in The Picture of Dorian Gray, I never ask advice from the old, only from the young. Youth has its own wisdom. (Since we cannot all have a portrait in the attic and stay always physically young, we should at least try to stay young at heart!)
There was plenty of food, too. Yum!

Attendance was great and the rooms and corridors of the Art department building were full.
Did I mention that it was also my birthday??? ❤️💋💝💖🎂





No comments:

Post a Comment