Wednesday, June 8, 2016

FULLY AT IT

Ironing lesson at my aunt's house! I can't iron anything, while my aunt has ironed the clothes of four generations. She started ironing for her siblings when she was only 9 years old. As a result, she knows everything there is to know about it, while I don't even own an iron.

Still, I don't think that you need to iron everything. Nowadays, most clothes come out of the washing machine looking fantastic. In the future, the washing machine will release the clothes fully pressed.
This future is not here yet, though, and brain washing from Fashion TV has made me realize that some pieces need to be ironed. I have to learn! Here I am fully at it.

Don't imagine that I have cracked the secrets of the practice yet. I still need to go buy an iron and a board.
Scenes of ironing in literature are full of good feeling and warmth. Yet don't be fooled. It's a tough thing, as my aunt can testify.
Plus, I am not in any way suggesting that ironing is a woman's work. Any person over 14 in the house who wants their clothes pressed must do it for themselves.
Have a great time for mid-week!
Xxx 💖💝💄❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment