Saturday, June 18, 2016

ESPECIALLY BAD BOY PARIS

Today I got one of the best birthday gifts ever, from my cousin Nicola! This was a Lulu Guiness LIPSTICK key ring!!! Perfection! I love gifts, giving and receiving them. I never understood why Anastasia Steele is so sour about Christian's gifts in Fifty Shades. I would have let him present me with all those designer outfits and red Audis and I would sign any bloody contract he wanted. You say I have no dignity? Think again. Christian is beautiful like a Greek God, and a billionaire to boot. I have all the dignity in the world!!!

Still, in literature gifts are often ambivalent, ever since the Greeks gave the Trojan horse to the poor people of Troy (I always go for the Trojans in the Iliad, especially bad boy Paris. You too? Great. I am glad my home country Cyprus stayed neutral and did not participate in the Trojan war).


Miss Havisham's gifts to Estella are sinister in Great Expectations, while Jane is not very happy with Mr Rochester's generosity in Jane Eyre. But I am more like little Adele myself, who can't wait to see the things Mr R gets her from Paris!
The amazing lipstick key ring is now among my most valued possessions, and there it is on my coffee table!

Another great birthday gift for me coming soon in another post! Xxx
#birthday #Iliad #Homer #FiftyShades #ChristianGrey #lipstick #LuluGuiness

No comments:

Post a Comment