Tuesday, February 28, 2017

AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...

"There are no mistakes in tango. It's not like life. If you make a mistake, you just tango on". That's Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman, in one of my favorite movie quotes ever. Of course, the film eventually proves Pacino's character wrong, for it turns out that life is like tango - if you make a mistake, you find your feet again and tango on.
I don't know what inspired me for this post tonight, I am sure it's not the famous mistake at this year's Oscars. I guess I wanted to share my favorite quote with you.

To say that we should learn from past mistakes is a (very right) cliche. I believe that even worse is to build mistake upon mistake, never recognizing that something is going or has gone terribly wrong.
There are scenes of sewing and fashion in Scent of a Woman, which contributes to my love for the film. I think Pacino's performance was sublime. Like James Franco in 127 Hours, Pacino was not simply acting in that film - he was teaching others how to act.
Have a good night, always with beauty and a book! ðŸŒ¹ðŸ’„💄💄💋
#alpacino #scentofawoman #oscars #acting #jamesfranco #sewing#fashion #tango #movies

No comments:

Post a Comment