Friday, August 11, 2017

IT'S TRUE!

On Tuesday I made my own version of affogato di caffe, the famous Italian dessert where you pour hot coffee on ice cream. I dipped spoonfuls of ice cream in a cup of hot Nescafรฉ and just enjoyed! Heaven! Add to this a syrupy piece of orange cake and you will see why I look so more radiant in the photos with the hat. The photo without hat, before sugar, coffee and cake: not so glamorous. It's true!


I found these two wonderful hats on sale, for 4.5 euro each. Though hats are not so ubiquitous today as they were for the Victorians, they still look amazing. During the Victorian era, there was no magazine fashion column without a description of the new trends in bonnets. The bonnet was probably the most important accessory in the 19th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment