Wednesday, August 16, 2017

THE WELL BELOVED

This post originally appeared in the FB page for The Lipstick Papers on the actual Ferragosto! I only had the ipad with me; for some reason, I can't copy text and upload pictures to Blogger from the ipad. So, here's my little piece on Ferragosto today. I hope you are all well, wherever you are, and many thanks for taking the time to visit and read my blog!  Having readers is an amazing experience, it keeps me going, and of course I can impress my nephew and niece by telling them that I am a blogger ;-) <3 <3 <3 Maria 
THE WELL BELOVED
The Virgin Mary painting is a rare image of Mary wearing a corset, and it is a photo I took from the book The Corset by fashion historian Valerie Steele! The traditional Mary picture was a present from a teacher when I was very small. She brought it from Tinos, the Greek island sacred to Mary, so it's a valuable little memento. Happy 15 August, or buon Ferragosto, as it is in beautiful Italy! For me, 15 of August will always mean going to Paphos to see my grandparents, uncles and aunts when I was a kid; it will mean reading The English Patient and learning how Ferragosto is celebrated in the Italian countryside; and going around Ayia Napa and Liopetri with a dear friend last year. Those of you who have been reading The Lipstick Papers for a while will certainly remember!



The Valerie Steele book is one of those books that I don't allow outside the flat. I bought it from London and I love it coz it reminds me of my PhD studies and my beloved England.

Have a beautiful Ferragosto evening, everyone! 💄💄💄💝💋❤️
#ferragosto #ferragosto2017 #italy #england #theenglishpatient#virginmary #motherofgod #cyprus #paphos #august #greekislands#ayianapa #corset #fashion #art

No comments:

Post a Comment