Thursday, August 3, 2017

DITTO FOR EVERYTHING ELSE

Recently, I have come to appreciate Miss Havisham's approach to housekeeping. In Great Expectations, Miss Havisham famously refused to clean her private apartments since her fiancΓ© left on their wedding day. The wedding cake and dinner were left to rot on the table, and were full of dust, spiders and mice. Ditto for the dressing table and everything else.


Of course, you don't have to worry, I won't leave my own apartment to go like that. But I realized that I can't be Martha Stewart so easily, and I must learn to keep up with some dust on everything. A golden mean between Martha Stewart and Miss Havisham is best πŸ˜€
Still, Martha Stewart's housekeeping bible is among my favorite books. I totally recommend! πŸ’„πŸ’‹πŸ‘ ❤️πŸ’
#housekeeping #greatexpectations #charlesdickens #marthastewart#goldenmean #home #cleaning #spiders #weddingcake #books#bookblogger #bookblog #bookbloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment