Sunday, August 20, 2017

WHEN IT COMES TO NAMING NAMES

For Fernand Braudel, the olive tree (and the vineyard) are the borders of the Mediterranean. The world of the Mediterranean starts where olives and grapes grow, and ends where they don't. I loved the first volume of Braudel's The Mediterranean, but volumes 2 and 3 are plainly unreadable. Here I am at the new shopping arcade last night in Larnaca. You can't go wrong with a beauty store called Ομορφιά! Omorfia is Greek for beauty. It comes from the old Greek word ευμορφία, meaning good (beautiful) appearance and form. For the Greeks, both men and women had to be beautiful, and this is probably why they all spent so much time exercising and bathing. Cleanliness was beauty, for the ancients!


I haven't tried Omorfia products, so I can't say much about the store yet. I just love their name. I will keep you posted!

Enjoy the Sunday, always with beauty and a book! 💋💄❤️👠👠💝
P.S. The title comes from a song called Forever Jay. It's a weird song, but I like it 🎶🎵🛍
#beauty #beautyblogger #beautyblog #beautybloggers #omorfia#coffeebreak #weekend #shopping #stradivariusskirt #aldoshoes#mangotshirt #mediterranean #braudel #bookblog #ancientgreeks#foreverjay

No comments:

Post a Comment