Thursday, March 23, 2017

A SEA CAVE HOME

These are of course amongst the moments I truly wish I were a Mermaid! To fall into the windblown sea, and ride the storm towards a sea cave home! đŸ˜€ I love Mermaids, I believe in them, and write about them too. Eliza, my protagonist in Mermaid Mirror, as well as her double Marianne, are both descended from Mermaids.

A famous Ancient Greek who was linked to Mermaids was none other than Alexander the Great. He had a Mermaid sister who was immortal, and is reportedly still alive today. The Ancient Greeks believed in Mermaids, Sirens, the monstrous Gorgons, and the beautiful Sea Nymphs. One such Nymph was Kito (Κητώ) the Nymph responsible for sea monsters. Her name comes from kitos, ÎșÎźÏ„ÎżÏ‚, the Ancient Greek word for sea monster.


When a human protagonist is also a mermaid, this has symbolic or psychological undertones for the whole novel. For me, however, Mermaids are also real. Eliza is part Mermaid because, for me, this can well be true đŸ˜Ž
Have a good evening, taking a book always with you! đŸ’đŸ‘ đŸ’„đŸ’‹đŸŒč
#mermaids #novel #AlexandertheGreat #seanymphs #Greekmythology

No comments:

Post a Comment