Friday, March 10, 2017

POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE

"I am the enemy you killed, my friend," says one dead soldier to another, in an unforgettable line from one of Wilfred Owen's magnificent First World War poems. (Wilfred Owen is among my favorite poets). Here I am at a lovely postcard exhibition yesterday at the CYPRUS University of Technology - a collection of postcards from Auguste Poisson, a WWI soldier. Poisson fought all across Europe and ended up in Thessaloniki. The exhibition is organized for the International Francophonie Month ðŸ˜€
My favorite postcards were those from Rome. You know that Italy is, for me, the world's most beautiful country. Italy means beauty and that's all there is to it.

I also loved the postcards which showed Thessaloniki professions and businesses, like bakeries.
I have a suspicion that I didn't catch the whole exhibition, that there were more exhibits in another room. I'll go again ðŸ’‹
Enjoy your Friday, taking beauty always with you! ðŸ’„xxx
#firstworldwar #wilfredowen #augustepoisson #francophonie#thessaloniki #italy #cyprus #italy



No comments:

Post a Comment