Monday, March 13, 2017

THE SANDS OF TIME

What does it take to make the world magic? Strong limbs, a guitar, four cigarettes and coffee with sugar, according to legendary Greek composer Manos Loizos. For Mikres Periplanisis, a Greek group, the memory of first love stays with us, like morning coffee ðŸŽ¼ My addiction to coffee is well known, so of course I was amazed to see this hot sand coffee machine! It is a machine for making traditional Greek coffee, and works by keeping the sand hot so that coffee can be brewed and boiled. In Greek it is called χόβολη, hovoli ("h" pronounced as in here).



I saw this machine at the amazing Alasia hotel, in Limassol. I wanted to take it with me ðŸ˜€ but, since that was impossible, I compromised by taking pictures.



The first coffe house in Europe was opened in Oxford by a Turkish Jew. Coffee houses, new ideas and culture go together. I think this is still true. Coffee houses are full of life like a beating heart.
Have a good night, always with beauty and a book! ❤️🌹💋👠💄
#coffee #Cyprus #Greece #music #limassol

No comments:

Post a Comment