Wednesday, June 10, 2015

DIRECTIONS TO DIAGON ALLEY AND MY VISIT TO COFFEE CANTATA

YEARS AGO, as I was walking somewhere between Bloomsbury and Piccadilly in London, I took a wrong turning and found myself in Diagon Alley! Yes, Diagon Alley from Harry Potter, or something very close to it.

It was a long and narrow cobbled road, full of tiny stone shops, arcades and colonnades, tall and narrow shop facades and color, color everywhere. The shops sold the most amazing things: handicrafts, toys, candy, everything that is fantastic, pretty and artsy. The road reached down endlessly: you could walk forever, and it would never end. I know you are thinking what I am thinking: Diagon Alley!

For me, shops which come close to fairy tale are all chocolateries, coffee- and tea-shops! Yesterday I visited Coffee Cantata in the Mall in Nicosia and I was amazed. The shop drew me like a magnet. I was again in Diagon Alley: dark boxes and drawers full of coffee and tea reaching up to the ceiling, the most amazing chocolate sweets you can think of, tea sets and tea things, flowers made of colored paper, and little glass phials full of mysterious things. I had a fantastic time! 

The kind shop lady explained to me about the rich history of the store, and treated me with the most wonderful chocolate sweet I had in my life: sugared, dried orange covered in tasty and velvet chocolate!

Sweets for me have a great deal of magic, especially chocolate. I marveled at the tea blends available at Coffee Cantata, especially a brew called --what else?-- Fairy Tale!

When you find yourselves in London again, spread the word: Diagon Alley is somewhere between Bloomsbury and Piccadily. Just take the wrong turning, and you will find it!

Have a good afternoon and be well! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment