Monday, June 1, 2015

I DROVE TO THE COUNTRYSIDE TO DRAW

SINCE I read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, I imagine myself a little like Helen Graham whenever I go out to draw! Here I am today with my Moleskin red artist's journal!

Helen Graham is Anne Bronte's revolutionary heroine, who leaves an abusive husband and starts her own studio. She goes out into the country to paint, and earns her own living!

Though Helen is not my favorite heroine from literature, I do think of her whenever, like Helen, like today, I sit with my pencils and artist's journal to draw landscape.

Today was a beautiful, warm day. It's the day of a grand fair in my hometown, but I never go, because I suffer from nausea and claustrophobia and get ill when I am in a crowd. 

While everyone drove to the beach for the fair, I drove to the countryside to draw! I did a simple sketch of the wheat fields with the hills in the distance. 

Then I went back to town (carefully avoiding the beach front) and bought a frappe (iced coffee Greek and Cyprus style).

Lipstick for the day was the Pink Lolita herself, the Princess of Lipsticks. Nothing beats pink, and nothing beats the Pink Lolita!

You can see everything in my journal, pictured below.

This was one, beautiful day, the first of June and the first of summer. Hoping for more beautiful days to come! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment