Friday, June 19, 2015

FASHION SHOW AND FASHION CREATIONS

I WENT, the other day, to see the fashion show and fashion creations of Fashion students from the college where I teach! This was at the Apothikes (Αποθήκες, Warehouses) art and cultural space in my hometown. I had a great time, saw art and met interesting people!

The exhibition featured outfits from a wedding dress to grunge, and sample interior spaces from the Interior Design students!

I had a brilliant time, and was particularly impressed with an art work made entirely from cloth by Cypriot artist Mr Renos. Here it is in the picture below:

Isn't it amazing? One of the symbols on the painting was adopted by Apothikes as their own logo.

Apothikes is in a renovated building in the historic part of the old town, and very beautiful it is too. Have a look at their website:
http://ww.loveapothikes.com/home.htm

More on sewing, fashion and art in a later post! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment