Wednesday, June 24, 2015

WARDROBE MALFUNCTION AND A JAZZY AFTERNOON

LET ME tell you about my afternoon, which was full of adventure!

First, I went for a coffee with a special friend! The clutch I am holding is her gift, and she also very kindly took these lovely pics.

My friend had been to the Robbie Williams concert in Athens, and told me that he was amazing. I love Robbie too, so I was naturally very interested. Apparently, there were 30,000 thousand people!!!

The second adventure was not so good! It all had to do with a wardrobe malfunction. After coffee, I was heading for the college graduation (the college where I teach). I thought I had been very clever, and wore trainers downtown, keeping a pair of sandal heels in the car. I put on the heels as soon as I arrived at the graduation venue (a cool reception venue up on a hill).

However, as I walked towards the entrance, both my heels gave way! The front of both shoes went off! Can you believe this??????? I had to walk barefoot about 100 meters back to the car. AND there were shards of broken glass all the way!

Please do not think that the shoes were a cheap pair or that I had worn them many times. I had bought them about three years ago, from a medium price shop, but I had worn them only three times. Yes! ONLY three times!

Luckily, I managed to get to the car without injuring or cutting my feet. I drove back home, freshened up, put on a pair of good heels, and went to the graduation.

The graduation ceremony was lovely, I saw colleagues and friends, and amazing fashion, including a peach, flouncy skirt, a cream, tight toilette, and a dark blue, tight dress.

There was a band singing, an amazing jazz band called Mood Indigo!

What a fantastic afternoon! I hope yours was too ;-)

P.S. The horrid shoes were from the (Greek, I think) chain Migato. Neither cheap, nor expensive, about average priced, I would say, but horrid. Don't buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment