Monday, November 16, 2015

LOOKING FOR THE SUMMER (THE GIRL WITH THE RED BIKINI)

I AM sure winter is great for literature and film -- think Frozen, the Snow Queen, the Long Winter in the Little House on the Prairie, and the Winter's Tale! The examples are endless.

Still, I hate winter. The long nights, the grey clouds, the rain -- none of these things agrees with me. I am summer-born and I love the summer more than anything!

Here is my take of Brigitte Bardot in a red bikini. The original is much more beautiful of course, but I very much enjoyed drawing this! Love the hibiscus too -- a flower that fares better under stress, especially if it is choking. I know nothing of gardening, but I heard this on Gardener's Question Time on BBC Radio 4. So it must be true.

Have a good start to the week, with beauty always with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment