Monday, November 9, 2015

THE SKIRT WAS PERFECT

OF COURSE, any beauty book which begins with a description of a lavish English tea, Victoria sponge cake, and the phrase, "My granny was never rich, not at all, but boy was she glamorous. Elegant, ladylike, impeccably mannered, and dressed to the nines at all times [...]" -- any such beauty book is a must!!!

The book is Front Roe by Louise Roe, which I bought today from Nicosia. Another plus for the day: the fabled peanut butter cookie from Gloria Jeans! They have it Nicosia, though in Larnaca it has been cancelled because of lack of popularity :-(

I went to the Mall today, looking for a pretty white skirt for a public lecture I am to give soon. I found a lovely skirt from Topshop but, sadly, it would slide up too far when I would sit down. White cloth and delicate lace -- the skirt was PERFECT, but only if you stayed standing up.

Still, I had a very nice time, meeting up with a friend I hadn't seen for a while, eating the peanut butter cookie and buying a beauty book! Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment