Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NEVER GIVE UP ON A GOOD THING

How do you know that clothing is of the best quality??? Answer: when you wash it 100 times in the wrong way, but still looks wonderful. (Warning: I don't suggest that you try this 😝
I washed this beautiful off-white cardigan from River Island at 40 degrees for nearly 10 (yes, 10) years feeling sure that this was the right temperature. I had read this on the label. Right?

Well, actually wrong! One day, I happened to look at the label. It said -shock, horror!!!- it said HANDWASH.
I was so shocked and repentant! You know how much I love everything I own. But I was not surprised that my cardigan had survived mistreatment. River Island clothes last forever.
Lessons learned: 1) read labels often. You may misremember the instructions. 2) Moderately priced clothes =fantastic quality!

I am also wearing a lovely faux bijoux ring priced €8 from I am! Don't get me wrong. When I am a millionaire (right now I am the opposite) of course I will occasionally shop from DSquared 2 and Louis Vuitton. But give up my chain stores and fast fashion favorites? Never! 😃
Have a great night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment